Sunday, October 15, 2023

Musty TV's Maniacal Movie Countdown - Day 15: The House on Sorority Row (1982)

Maybe I was wrong about the year 1982 and slasher movies, because here's another one that seems to hold a fairly positive reputation, though I am not entirely sure why. Still, I maintain that when the majority of that year's movies have to live in the shadow of E.T., Blade Runner, and The Thing, among several other classics, the majority of those movies are going to be forgotten.

And truthfully I wouldn't have bothered watching The House on Sorority Row if Eileen Davidson wasn't in it since she was a big presence in my life as a teenager when she was on The Young and the Restless, and then later in life when she was on a few seasons of The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. (Spoiler alert: she shows her boobs. In the movie, not on Housewives!)

It's a pretty standard slasher, done better many other times, and but it's watchable because of the presence of some actresses, like Davidson, who went on to better things. Like Harley Jane Kozak who was in When Harry Met Sally and Parenthood. And Kate McNeil who was in....Monkey Shines. OK. Maybe Eileen Davidson is the movie's biggest draw. That and a party band called "4 Out of 5 Doctors," which is just a great band name.

I watched The House on Sorority Row on Shudder.

1 comment:

Caffeinated Joe said...

I don't know, I like this one. Definitely a cut above a lot of other early 80s flicks.