Saturday, October 28, 2023

Musty TV's Maniacal Movie Countdown - Day 28: Jethica (2023)

Jethica is somewhere between a horror movie, a comedy, and quintessential indie drama. At times that last aspect annoyed me, but since it's a short movie, it didn't annoy me for long, and I ultimately appreciated its unique approach to a ghost story.

After a traffic accident, Elena (Callie Hernandez) is hiding out in the desert, staying in her late grandmother's trailer. By chance she meets an old friend, Jessica (Ashley Denise Robinson), who has also come to the desert to escape. In her case, it is to get away from a stalker named Kevin (Will Madden). Soon, they both realize it's even harder to get away from an abusive man than you would think...

I won't give away more than that as it's fun to learn, along with the characters, the logic the film eventually places into the situation. It's an odd little movie, but definitely worth seeking out.

I watched Jethica on Tubi.

No comments: